Crisp bell peppers, red onion and tangy kalamata olives add texture and color to this refreshing salad.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata or other good-quality black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Cook quinoa according to packagedirections. Meanwhile, make dressing: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine peppers, cucumber, olives, onion and parsley. Mix well. Add dressing and toss to coat. Add quinoa, stir gently but thoroughly to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg