30 minutes or fewer
Premade baba ghanoush (roasted eggplant purée) and prewashed spinach make these sandwiches a breeze. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to keep the filling in place during transit and to allow the pita halves to absorb the juices.
- 1 cup prepared baba ghanoush
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 4 whole-wheat pita pockets, halved
- 1 5-oz. bag baby spinach
Combine baba ghanoush, bell pepper and feta in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Fill pita halves with baba ghanoush mixture. Stuff with baby spinach leaves.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 676 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g