If you're tired of the same old sandwich, this all-vegetable pita should be a welcome change of pace. Feel free to include some jarred roasted red pepper strips, shredded carrot, and/or red cabbage.
- 1/2 cup sliced green-leaf lettuce
- 2 Tbs. chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tsp. Basic Dressing
- 1 6-inch whole-wheat pita pocket
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
1. In small bowl, mix together lettuce, olives, and Basic Dressing.
2. Cut pita crosswise in half, and stuff with lettuce mixture. Tuck in avocado and tomato slices, and serve.
- Calories: 242
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 631 mg