Crisp bell peppers, red onion and rich kalamata olives add texture and color to this refreshing salad. Other grains like couscous or bulgur would also work well in this dish.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata or other good-quality black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
In glass jar with tight-fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, ground pepper and salt. Seal and shake well.
In large bowl, combine bell peppers, cucumber, olives, onion and parsley. Mix well. Add vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Add quinoa, stir gently but thoroughly to combine; serve.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 187 mg