Fresh spinach is simmered with olive tapenade and feta cheese for a tangy base to this rice dish. Some prepared tapenades are made with anchovy paste, so be sure to read the label before buying.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. herb- and garlic-infused olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach (4 oz.)
- 3 Tbs. prepared olive tapenade, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, plus more for garnish, optional
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 cups spinach, and cook 2 minutes, or until wilted. Push wilted spinach to outer edge of skillet, forming a ring. Add remaining spinach and cook, 1 to 2 minutes more, or until all spinach is wilted, mixing together with first batch.
Stir in tapenade and feta, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. (Mixture will be saucy.) Fold in rice and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with additional crumbled feta and olive tapenade, if using.
- Calories: 132
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 143 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g