For a picnic, pack the salad in a large plastic container, the dressing in a jar and the feta cheese in a sealed plastic bag.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce (bagged or 1/2 small head)
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, cored and cut into 2x1-inch wedges, or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, rinsed, dried and torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, rinsed, dried and torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
To make Mediterranean Salad: Bring saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add edamame, and cook, covered, over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, to make Dressing: Combine all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid; shake to blend.
To assemble, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, olives, mint, parsley and cooked edamame in large storage container or bowl. Before serving, drizzle dressing over salad; toss. Sprinkle each serving with feta cheese.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g