30 MINUTES OR LESS Serve this festive dip with a colorful array of raw vegetables. This dip would work with any type of tofu, though the texture would vary slightly according to type of tofu used.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. whole fennel seeds
- 14 to 16 oz. tofu, drained
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1 Tbs. oil from sun-dried tomatoes or plain olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley, plus extra for garnish
Put garlic clove and fennel seeds through feed tube of food processor with motor running, and process until garlic is chopped, about 10 seconds.
Cut tofu into 4 pieces, and put tofu, tomatoes, oil and lemon juice into processor, processing until almost smooth. Add basil or parsley and salt plus additional lemon juice, if needed, to sharpen flavors. Pulse a few times to distribute. Serve in a shallow bowl, garnished with extra basil.
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 15 mg