This dish shows that not all turmeric-spiked dishes have to be hot and spicy. Feel free to throw in steamed spring vegetables, such as sugar snap peas or asparagus, to add color and crunch.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. pad thai rice noodles
- 3 Tbs. canola oil
- 4 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 7 oz. baked Thai-flavored tofu, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain thoroughly.
Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until shallots are golden. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, turmeric, and garlic. Add lime juice, and stir to combine.
Transfer noodles to large bowl, and fold in tofu, cilantro, peanuts, and turmeric sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 487
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Fat Content: 20.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 366 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g