This salad may sound a little strange, but remember that the melon is a member of the cucumber family. A firm and not overly ripe honeydew will have a flavor similar to a cucumber, yet a flavor that is slightly sweeter and more interesting. When you buy a melon that just doesnt ripen or you cut one that isnt ripeonce cut, a melon wont get sweetertry this salad.
- 1 lb. cheese-filled ravioli, cooked and chilled
- 1/2 very firm honeydew melon, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup halved yellow pear tomatoes
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 Tbs. snipped fresh basil leaves
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
Put ravioli, melon, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and scallion slices in a bowl. Toss well to combine.
Whisk together salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. Dress ravioli mixture, and toss gently. Chill until serving time.
A fruity white such as a Viognier or Fum8E Blanc would be nice with this unconventional pasta dish. Both the Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc and the JC Cellars Viognier have spicy melon tones that would pair well with the salad.
- Calories: 780
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 135 mg
- Fat Content: 46 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 22 g
- Sodium Content: 970 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g