Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Even though you can use fresh berries in this trifle, frozen work better because they give off more juicy goodness for the chunks of pound cake to absorb.
1. Toss together strawberries, blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in large bowl. Combine yogurt, sour cream and vanilla in separate bowl.
2. Stand pound cake on side. Cut cake into 4 thin slices lengthwise. Spread first slice with 1/4 cup jam, and top with second slice. Continue with remaining slices and jam, and finish with layer of jam on top of cake. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Line bottom and sides of clear trifle dish or large glass soufflé dish with prepared cake slices. Spoon in half of fruit. Top with half of yogurt mixture. Layer with remaining cake slices, fruit and yogurt mixtures. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 4 hours, or overnight, to allow trifle to set.
- Calories 226
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 134 mg
- Sugar Content 37 g