Our testers were skeptical at first, but this dish turned out to be both filling and refreshing.
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 14.5-oz. can low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. chopped cilantro, divided
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 canned chipotle chile
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh corn (about 1 ear)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup soy sour cream, optional
Purée tomatoes, 1 1/4 cups beans, broth, 1/2 cup cilantro, 2 Tbs. lime juice, chipotle and cumin in blender until smooth. Cover, and chill 2 hours.
Combine remaining beans, cilantro, lime juice, corn, avocado, red onion and cilantro in bowl. Fold half of mixture into soup; cover, and chill 1 hour. Serve garnished with remaining corn mixture.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 517 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g