Quick and unusual, this dish is delicious for lunch or dinner. Serve nachos with cheese dip and a tossed green salad alongside. At night, add a round of chilled Mexican beer, and serve mugs of hot Mexican chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, about 5 oz. each
- 12 oz. Tex-Mex flavored crumbled soy "meat"
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 fresh or canned chile poblano, diced
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425F.
Brush off mushroom caps, and remove stems, reserving for another use. Using a spoon, gently scoop out black gills from under caps; discard gills. Set aside caps.
Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté soy “meat” 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomato, chile and cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into caps. Put caps on baking sheet.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Put on individual serving plates, garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 440 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g