Layer on the Southwestern flavors in this pizza variation. Other toppings could include jarred pickled jalapeño slices or sautéed onions.Meal Plan: Serve with golden acorn or delicata squash, allowing half a squash per person. Pierce each whole squash several times with fork, then microwave until easily pierced with knife but still firm, 4 to 7 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds before serving.
- 12- to 14-inch good-quality pizza crust
- 1 cup spicy fat-free refried beans, thinned with a little water
- 1 cup mild or medium-hot salsa
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 to 6 oz.)
- 2 ripe but firm medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2-oz. can sliced ripe black olives, drained
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place crust on large baking sheet. Spread refried beans over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Spoon salsa over beans and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange tomato slices in concentric circles over cheese. Scatter sliced olives on top.
Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Calories: 319
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Cholesterol Content: 22 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 35 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 895 mg