Mexican Potato Salad
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 1/2 lb. small red-skinned potatoes, skins on, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen white corn, thawed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup canned, whole, fire-roasted chiles (about 5), diced and seeded
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
Cover potatoes with lightly salted water in 5-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool.
Place potatoes in large bowl, and add corn, onions, garlic, tomatoes and chiles. Stir with a large, slotted spoon. Make shallow well in center of potato mixture, and add soy mayonnaise, mustard and lime juice. Mix thoroughly, and add fresh cilantro and sea salt. Sprinkle with dried cilantro, cover and chill one hour, or until ready to serve.
- Calories 231
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 418 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g