Blogger Hannah Kaminski invented this cake during what she describes as one very cold and difficult winter: “Lemons to me embody edible sunshine, so I just piled on the juice and zest.” If you can’t find Meyer lemons, substitute regular lemons.
- 1 Tbs. vegan margarine, melted
- 3 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbs. flour, divided
- 1 Tbs. whole flaxseeds, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soymilk
- 1 Tbs. grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, unsalted cashew pieces
- 1/3 cup light agave nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour Bundt pan with margarine and 2 Tbs. flour.
2. Whisk together remaining 3 1/2 cups flour, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk to combine.
3. Whisk together soymilk, lemon zest, and lemon juice in bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in agave nectar and oil. Stir soymilk mixture into flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center of Cake comes out clean. Cool in pan, then unmold.
4. To make Icing: Blend all ingredients in blender 5 minutes. Strain through sieve, then drizzle over Cake.
- Calories: 363
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 225 mg
- Sugar Content: 26 g