Lime-Infused Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Strips of peel from 1 lime
- 1 1/3 cups fresh lime juice (7 to 8 limes), 2 lime halves and 8 strips of peel reserved
- 1 cup (8 oz./8 shots) tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau orange liqueur or other brand of triple sec
- Ice, in small cocktail cubes
- Kosher salt, for glass rims
1. To make Lime-Infused Simple Syrup: Bring sugar and 1⁄2 cup water to a boil in small saucepan. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add lime-peel strips. Cover, and cool. Remove and discard lime strips.
2. To make Margaritas: Stir or shake together lime juice, tequila, triple sec, 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup Lime-Infused Simple Syrup, and plenty of ice.
3 Pour Kosher salt into small saucer. Rub each glass rim with reserved lime half (switch halves after 4 glasses), and dip in salt, if desired. Pour Margaritas into glasses, and garnish each glass with strip of lime peel.
- Serving Size: per 2-tbs serving
- Calories: 53
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g