Surround this dip with fresh veggies and homemade pita toasts for a quick and healthy meal.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 pita breads (5 to 6 inches)
- 6 cups bite-size vegetables for serving
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
Preheat oven to 375°F. Meanwhile, in food processor, process garlic until minced. Add chickpeas, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, tahini, paprika and salt. Process until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary. Transfer hummus to medium bowl.
Lightly brush oil over both sides of each pita. Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet. Bake until golden and toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve with hummus and cut-up vegetables.
- Calories: 364
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 817 mg