Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Inspiration travels fast in the blogosphere. A fritter recipe by 101 Cookbooks blogger Heidi Swanson was the starting point for these patties by the Aherns.
1. Stir together millet, onion, eggs, garlic, sage, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in spinach, breadcrumbs, feta, and raisins; let stand 5 minutes. If fritters still feel wet, add more breadcrumbs. You should be able to pinch together mixture and have it stick together without oozing. Shape into 12 1/2-cup fritters.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add 6 fritters, making sure not to overcrowd pan; cover; and cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms of fritters are browned. Flip, and cook 5 minutes more, or until browned on second side. Repeat with remaining fritters.
Learn how to cook delicious gluten-free, vegetarian recipes online. Sign up now!
- Calories 253
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 317 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g