- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. cognac
- 8 frozen phyllo dough tart shells, baked as directed
In large bowl, combine apples, raisins, apricots and cranberries or cherries.
In large saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil and add brown sugar, lemon zest, spices and dried fruit mixture. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes (add 1/2 cup water if liquid evaporates too quickly). Remove pan from heat, stir in nuts and cognac and set aside to cool.
Fill baked tart shells with cooled fruit mixture and serve.
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 52 mg