Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This recipe calls for prepared mirepoix, a mixture of chopped onions, celery, and carrots that can be found in the refrigerated produce section of supermarkets. If you want to make your own mirepoix, simply chop 2/3 cup of each vegetable.
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add mirepoix, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Stir in tomato paste, brown sugar, paprika, and bay leaf; cook 1 minute more, or until vegetables are coated with tomato paste. Add diced tomatoes with their juice, broth, beans, macaroni, and 1 1/2 cups water.
2. Close pressure cooker, and bring up to high pressure. Cook 8 minutes.
3. Release pressure with quick-release button, or transfer pressure cooker to sink, and run cool water over rim to release pressure. Serve soup with arugula sprinkled on top.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 525 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g