Get all the goodness of a grilled "burger" experience—including lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and "special sauce"—on a stick with these clever kebabs.
- 4 whole-wheat English muffin halves, quartered
- 4 vegetarian burgers, such as Boca Burger, quartered
- 16 red onion wedges (1/2 medium onion)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 32 sweet pickle slices, optional
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. garlic oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 8 cups mesclun greens
1. Thread English muffin wedge, veggie burger wedge, onion wedge, and cherry tomato onto skewer. Sandwich Cheddar cube between 2 pickle slices, if desired, and slide onto skewer. Continue adding ingredients until each of 4 skewers holds 4 English muffin quarters, 4 burger quarters, 4 onion wedges, 4 cherry tomatoes, and 4 pickle-cheese sandwiches.
2. Whisk together vinegar and mustard in bowl. Whisk in oil until thickened, and season with salt and pepper. Brush over skewers.
3. Oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium. Place skewers on grill, close hood, and cook 3 minutes. Turn skewers, close hood again, and cook 3 minutes more.
4. Whisk together yogurt and ketchup in bowl. Divide greens among 4 plates, top with brochettes, and serve with yogurt sauce.
- Calories: 466
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 18.5 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Sodium Content: 764 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g