Mini Cherry Tomato Clafoutis
Hot out of the oven, clafoutis are light, puffy, and soufflé-like, but as they cool, their tops fall and their consistency becomes quiche-like. …
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Hot out of the oven, clafoutis are light, puffy, and soufflé-like, but as they cool, their tops fall and their consistency becomes quiche-like.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 3 Tbs. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- 2 Tbs. grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
Beat eggs in bowl. Gradually whisk in flour. Stir in milk, sour cream, thyme, salt, and pepper. Divide half of batter among muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes.
Place 3 tomato halves in each muffin cup, round-side up. Pour remaining batter over top, and sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Bake 22 minutes more, or until tip of knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute, then unmold with knife or thin spatula. Serve warm.
- Calories 147
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 117 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 304 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g