Small, sweet peppers are roasted and softened while a filling of herbed goat cheese melts into creamy goodness on the grill. The peppers will keep in the fridge up to two hours before grilling.
- 16 multi-colored mini sweet peppers
- 5 oz. soft herbed goat cheese
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 small shallot, finely minced (1 Tbs.)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
1 | Preheat grill to medium.
2 | Slice stem ends from sweet peppers, and scoop out seeds.
3 | Mash together remaining ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fill each pepper with 2 tsp. cheese mixture using resealable plastic bag with small hole cut in corner. Coat outside of peppers with cooking spray.
4 | Grill stuffed peppers 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender, turning with tongs to get grill marks on all sides. Serve with toothpicks.
- Calories: 36
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 36 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g