Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cucumbers and white bread give this soup its creamy consistency. For a supper soup, top it the Spanish way with diced, hard-boiled eggs, chopped green bell pepper and croutons.
1. Drain bread in colander, lightly press out excess water, and place in blender. Coarsely chop 3 cucumbers, and add to blender. Add mint, oil, vinegar, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Process mixture until thick and smooth.
2. Cut remaining cucumber into 1/2-inch dice and stir into soup; season with salt. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
3. Pour soup into bowls, garnish with chives and mint sprigs, and serve.
- Calories 91
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 251 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g