Chopped fresh herbs are the dominant ingredient in this grain salad. For beautiful bouquets of fresh peppermint at bargain prices, shop for the herb at Asian grocery stores.
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh peppermint leaves
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, patted dry, and minced, plus 3 Tbs. oil from jar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Cook bulgur according to package directions. Cool; transfer to bowl.
2. Pulse peppermint, parsley, onion, and garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
3. Stir peppermint mixture, cucumbers, hazelnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, and lemon juice into bulgur. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill30 minutes, or overnight.
- Calories: 165
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g