This subtly flavored, comforting dish is perfect on a chilly fall evening. Miso adds a savory depth to the braising liquid, which coats the sweet squash chunks.
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweet white miso
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
1. Place squash in large, deep skillet.
2. Whisk together broth, coconut milk, miso, ginger, and garlic in bowl. Pour over squash, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and braise 10 to 15 minutes, or until squash has softened and liquid has become thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Calories: 89
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 581 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g