Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Slabs of cauliflower go in a dehydrator or 250°F oven, but never top 118°F, which is the upper limit for raw cuisine. The miso glaze makes a great marinade for broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and cabbage as well.
1. To make Miso-Glazed Cauliflower: Preheat oven to 250°F, or prepare dehydrator. Vertically slice 4 pieces of cauliflower into 1/2-inch-thick slabs.
2. Whisk together oil, miso paste, lemon juice, agave nectar, and salt in large bowl. Add cauliflower, and stir to coat. Arrange cauliflower on baking sheet, and place in oven or set cauliflower on dehydrator rack. Bake or dehydrate cauliflower 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make Kale Salad: Place kale in large bowl, and add raisins, oil, and vinegar; use hands to massage oil and vinegar into kale, until leaves turn bright green and begin to soften.
4. To serve: Set cauliflower on serving plates. Arrange Kale Salad around cauliflower, drizzling any remaining dressing or miso marinade over top. Garnish with pine nuts, sea salt, and raisins (if using).
- Calories 235
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 420 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g