Play up the Asian flavors in this spread by serving it with rice crackers or sliced daikon radishes.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 Tbs. white miso paste
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest, plus more for garnish (optional)
1. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork, and microwave 7 to 10 minutes, or until soft. (Or bake 1 hour in 400°F oven.) Cool sweet potatoes 10 minutes, or until easy to handle, and then halve and coarsely chop (leave skins on).
2. Transfer chopped sweet potatoes to food processor, add remaining ingredients, and pulse until smooth, adding up to 2 Tbs. water, if necessary to achieved desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with lime zest, if using.
- Calories: 32
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 78 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g