Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Inspired by the popular Japanese miso soup, this calls for Japanese rice seasoning. Select a vegetarian product. To complement this soup, serve hot green tea or sake, a light salad and green tea ice cream.
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and cook noodles for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Bring 5 cups water to a boil over high heat. Slowly stir miso mixture into water. Reduce heat to medium; add mushrooms.
3. When mixture returns to a boil, remove from heat and ladle soup into large soup bowls. Divide noodles, daikon and tofu into equal portions; add to bowls.
4. Garnish with watercress leaves, nori and seasonings to taste.
- Calories 340
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 1700 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g