Maitake mushrooms pair well with roasted vegetables.
- 2 Japanese eggplants, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise 1 ½-inch thick
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 3.5-oz. packages maitake mushrooms, separated into smaller clumps
- 2 Tbs. white miso
- 2 Tbs. mirin
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. light-brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 green onions (dark-green parts only), thinly sliced on sharp diagonal
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
1 Preheat broiler. Spread eggplant on large, rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 Tbs. oil, turning to coat. Broil eggplant 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2 Move eggplant to one side of baking sheet. Place mushrooms on opposite side of sheet, arranging in single layer.
3 Whisk together remaining 2 Tbs. oil, miso, mirin, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger in large bowl. Drizzle mixture over eggplant and mushrooms, turning to coat. Broil 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: per serving
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 274 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g