Since fresh-cooked green beans will discolor if left too long in this tangy dressing, it is best not to hold this salad for longer than one day.
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen shelled edamame (2 cups)
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. poppy seeds
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15-oz. can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add edamame and return to a boil. Add green beans, and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until edamame are tender and green beans are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Whisk together vinegar, shallots, poppy seeds, mustard and honey in large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add edamame, green beans and kidney beans, and toss to coat well. Cover, and marinate overnight.
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 12.5 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 250 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g