Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This is delicious with a scoop of frozen yogurt or nondairy frozen dessert.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine berries, 1⁄2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Toss gently to coat evenly. Place berry mixture in 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, remaining 2⁄3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Using fork, mix well. Make well in center of flour mixture, add egg and stir just until flour is moistened. When egg is absorbed, use your fingers to blend. Mixture will look like moist sand.
3. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over berries. Drizzle melted butter over top. Bake until top is lightly browned and filling is bubbly, about 40 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories 284
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 51 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 251 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g