Coconut milk is a powerful tool in the vegan baking arsenal. Here, it provides a rich, satisfying base for a mocha cream.
1. To make Cream: Whisk together coconut milk, syrup, vanilla, cocoa, agar flakes, and espresso powder in small saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, or until agar is dissolved, whisking frequently.
2. Stir kudzu powder into 3 Tbs. water in bowl. Whisk into cream mixture; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened. Pour mixture into small baking dish. Chill until firm.
3. Transfer Cream to food processor; purée until smooth. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with round tip. Chill until ready to use.
4. To make Tartlets: Preheat oven to 350°F. Process almonds and flour in food processor until almonds are powdered. Whisk together syrup, coconut oil, and salt in bowl. Add syrup mixture to almond-flour mixture. Pulse to combine.
5. Press 2 tsp. crust mixture into 28 11/2-inch tart molds or mini muffin cups; prick bottoms all over with fork. Transfer crusts to baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until crusts are golden. Cool 15 minutes. Pry from molds with toothpick.
6. To assemble: Pipe Cream into Tartlets.
- Calories 112
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 19 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g