Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Refresh your palate with a scoop of this mojito cucumber sorbet on a hot day. For a fun serving idea, scoop the sorbet into hollowed-out lime halves and garnish with mint sprigs. The rum is optional – it’ll still taste great without – but does make this sorbet adult-party worthy. Use whatever you’d pour in your favorite mojito recipe.
Mojito Cucumber Sorbet
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and add mint leaves. Cover, and cool.
2. Transfer mint syrup to blender or food processor, and blend until mint leaves are finely chopped. Add cucumber chunks, and blend until very smooth. Chill in refrigerator until cold. Stir lime juice and rum (if using) into chilled mixture.
3. Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to 1-quart container, and freeze.
- Calories 116
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g