This homey one-dish meal is substantial and fragrant with the irresistible smell of aromatic spices.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 large bell peppers (one each red, green and yellow), cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Make sauce: In food processor, combine garlic, paprika and cumin; process until paste forms. Add herbs, and pulse on/off to blend. Add lemon juice, vinegar and oil, and process to blend.
In large bowl, combine potatoes, bell peppers and celery. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add sauce, and toss to coat. Transfer to large shallow baking dish, and scatter tomatoes over potato mixture. Drizzle oil over top. Cover with foil, and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 52 mg