Inspired by the “throw it all in a pot” stew technique, we threw in leftovers from the Autumn Vegetable Roast, plus a few extras for a Moroccan-style meal. Serve over leftover orzo or couscous.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Inspired by the “throw it all in a pot” stew technique, we threw in leftovers from the Autumn Vegetable Roast, plus
a few extras for a Moroccan-style meal. Serve over leftover orzo or couscous.
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 recipe Autumn Vegetable Roast with Orzo, or 41/2 cups roasted vegetables and 2 cups cooked orzo or couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Bring broth to a boil in large pot over high heat. Add tomatoes with juices, lentils, turmeric, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Cut roasted vegetables into bite-size pieces, and add to stew. Stir in cilantro and mint. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Spoon 1/3 cup orzo mixture into each of 6 bowls. Ladle stew over top, and serve with lemon wedges.
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 447 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g