- 1 3/4 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup teff or buckwheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. quick-rising yeast, such as Fleischmann's RapidRise
- 1 1/4 cups Shortcut Sourdough Starter
- 2 Tbs. dark honey or brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. dark molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Combine 3/4 cup bread flour; rye, sorghum, and teff flours; and yeast in large bowl. Stir together starter, honey, molasses, and 3/4 cup lukewarm water in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into starter mixture. Cover loosely, and let sit overnight.
2. The next day, stir 1/2 cup bread flour and salt into dough until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup bread flour 1 to 2 Tbs. at a time until shaggy dough forms. Knead dough on lightly floured work surface 3 to 5 minutes, adding flour if needed.
3. Coat 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, and place dough inside. Cover loosely, and let rise 1 hour, or until dough is 1/4 inch above top of pan.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut 1/2-inch-deep slash lengthwise along center of loaf with serrated knife. Bake 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 198°F. Run knife around pan edges to release bread. Unmold, and cool 45 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 187
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 294 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g