Mushroom and Pappardelle Soup with Gremolata
Mascarpone is stirred into this noodle soup just before serving to give it a luscious creaminess and cheesy tang.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 oz. pappardelle noodles
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1. To make Soup: Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning, then broth. Cover, and bring to a boil. Set aside 1/2 cup broth, then add noodles; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green beans, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk reserved 1/2 cup broth into mascarpone in bowl. Slowly stir mascarpone mixture into Soup.
3. To make Gremolata: pulse parsley, garlic, and lemon zest in food processor until finely chopped.
4. Ladle Soup into bowls. Garnish each with 2 tsp. Gremolata.
- Calories 216
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 185 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g