Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Using convenient no-boil lasagna noodles eliminates the chore of boiling and draining the noodles before assembly. If you are using noodles that require precooking, it’s a good idea to rinse cooked noodles with cold water frequently to keep them separate before assembling the casserole. Low-fat silken tofu is best suited to dishes such as lasagna because of the tofu’s creamy texture and neutral flavor. Make this delicious lasagna in advance, and reheat before serving.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. To make Mushroom-Artichoke Mixture: Heat oil and crushed red pepper in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Add garlic, scallions and bell peppers, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and artichokes, and cook mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, and add tomato paste and Merlot, stirring to blend. Add yeast, parsley, basil and oregano. Mix thoroughly, cook 10 minutes and set aside.
3. To make Tofu Ricotta Mixture: Mash tofu with potato masher. Add garlic and scallions. Combine miso and vermouth in small bowl, blending with fork. Add mixture to tofu. Add soy Parmesan cheese, yeast, thyme and black pepper, mix thoroughly and set aside.
4. Spread layer of tomato sauce evenly on bottom of 9×13-inch baking pan. Top with layer of uncooked noodles. Add broken noodles around edges for even fit. Spoon Tofu Ricotta Mixture evenly over noodles. Top with another layer of noodles, and cover noodles with tomato sauce. Layer with Mushroom-Artichoke Mixture, cover with layer of noodles and top with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle generously with soy Parmesan cheese. Cover lasagna with foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more. Remove from oven, and set aside for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Calories 175
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 304 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g