Vary the taste of this open-faced bagel sandwich by experimenting with different varieties of mushrooms and cheeses. Adapted from The Bagel Bible: For Bagel Lovers, the Complete Guide to Great Noshing.
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bagel, halved
- 2 slices low-fat Swiss or soy cheese
- 2 sprigs parsley as garnish
Preheat oven to 375F. Cover baking sheet with foil, and set aside.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, and saut8E mushrooms and onion for 5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in thyme and salt. Spoon mixture onto bagel halves, and top each with a slice of cheese.
Bake on cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley, and serve.
- Calories: 540
- Carbohydrate Content: 69 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 1010 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g