Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cut leftover Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms into bite-size morsels, wrap in whole-wheat pizza dough, and presto! Homemade calzones. Arugula and lemon vinaigrette are added to the farro to stretch it into a tasty side salad.
1. Place oven rack in lower one-third of oven, and preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
2. To make Calzones: cut Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
3. Roll dough balls into 7-inch rounds on floured work surface. Divide roasted red peppers among centers of dough rounds, and sprinkle each with 1 Tbs. Gruyère cheese. Top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if using), then 1 Tbs. Gruyère cheese and 1 tsp. Parmesan (if using). Brush edges of circles with water, and fold over filling. Press edges to seal, and roll slightly upward to form rope shape. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, and bake 12 minutes, or until golden-brown.
4. To make Farro Salad: Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and garlic in large bowl. Add farro and arugula, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with Calzones.
- Calories 394
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 719 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g