Making this stew ahead gives the flavors a chance to develop. Serve over egg noodles, gnocchi, or pan-fried polenta slices.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (10 oz.)
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced (11/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. hot or sweet paprika
- 1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 7 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and onion; reduce heat to medium. Sauté 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add wine, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in flour and paprika. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water, and cook 3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
STORE/SERVE Cool, and refrigerate in airtight container up to 5 days. Warm in saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir sour cream into warm paprikash mixture just before serving.
- Calories: 159
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 160 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g