Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. To make Topping: Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chiles, onion, and mushrooms; cook 12 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown. Add beans, cumin, coriander, and garlic; sauté 1 minute to heat through.
2. To make Slaw: Toss together all ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt, if desired.
3. To assemble Tostadas: Spoon ½ cup Topping onto each tostada shell. Top with ¼ cup slaw, ¼ avocado, and 2 Tbs. cheese, if using.
Make-ahead instructions: Topping can be refrigerated three days or frozen up to three months.
- Calories 371
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 338 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g