For an even smokier flavor, grill fresh red bell peppers and the mushrooms for this satisfying salad.
- 1 lb. small white or Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. mushrooms, preferably cremini, quartered
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/ 4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4-oz. jar roasted red bell peppers in water, drained and chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 cup canned cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In medium bowl, toss mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper. Place on broiler pan and cook, turning occasionally, until nicely colored and tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
In small saucepan, combine pepper strips, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook gently over medium-low heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Add red pepper mixture to potatoes along with broiled mushrooms, beans and basil. Toss gently to blend and serve.
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 146 mg