These cheesy sandwiches make a great light supper or weekend lunch. You can also make the mushroom mixture ahead and store it in the fridge for even faster preparation when you’re ready to eat.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced (6 oz.)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 8 slices 12-grain bread, divided
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing, divided
- 8 slices sharp Cheddar cheese or 8 slices vegan Cheddar, about 1/8-inch thick, divided
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat broiler. Place 4 bread slices on baking sheet. Spread half ranch dressing over bread slices. Top each bread slice with cheese slice. Broil 1 minute, or until cheese melts. Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese. Top with avocado slices and remaining cheese slices. Broil 1 minute more, or until cheese melts. Divide alfalfa sprouts over cheese. Spread remaining ranch dressing over remaining bread slices. Press sandwiches together to adhere.
- Calories: 509
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 29 mg
- Fat Content: 28.5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Sodium Content: 599 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g