Homemade ravioli is a great make-ahead dish when you use won ton wrappers for the pasta. Place filled ravioli on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until hard. Store in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 8 oz. wild mushroom mix or assorted mushrooms, chopped (3 cups)
- 2 Tbs. sherry
- 24 won ton wrappers
Green Pea Purée
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired
1. To make Mushroom Ravioli: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until translucent and starting to brown. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute more. Add mushrooms, and increase heat to high. Sauté mushrooms 7 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated. Add sherry to pan and cook 1 minute, or until sherry has evaporated. Transfer to bowl, and cool 20 minutes.
2. Place 1 won ton wrapper on work surface. Brush edges with water. Spoon 1 tsp. mushroom mixture in center of wrapper and fold into triangle, pressing edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
3. To make Green Pea Purée: Blend peas, broth, and cheese in blender until smooth. Transfer to saucepan, and warm over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
4. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add ravioli and cook 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain. Spoon Pea Purée onto plates, and top with ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Calories: 292
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 8.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 637 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g