These savory bites disappear fast, so you might want to double the recipe if you’re serving a hungry crowd.
1. Pulse whole mushrooms in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, rosemary, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sauté 5 minutes, or until mushroom mixture is dry and beginning to brown. Stir in flour until mushroom pieces are coated. Add milk and goat cheese, and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Transfer to bowl, and cool. Stir in parsley.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
4. Place puff pastry sheets on lightly floured work surface, and prick all over with fork. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 24 rounds with 2-inch round cutter; transfer rounds to prepared baking sheets. Top each round with 3/4 tsp. mushroom mixture, use dampened fingers to spread evenly, then top with 1 mushroom slice. Chill 20 minutes in refrigerator to firm up puff pastry, then bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories 50
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 55 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g