Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
One of these generously filled portobellos makes a satisfying main dish. The mushrooms can be assembled up to two days ahead, wrapped individually in plastic wrap, and refrigerated.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Heat large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbs. oil, and swirl to coat pan. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent, stirring often. Stir in button mushrooms, garlic, and salt, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and most of liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until heated through. Remove from heat, and stir in goat cheese.
3. Fill each portobello with about 1/3 cup filling mixture. Toss tomatoes with lemon juice in bowl, and lay tomato halves cut-side up over tops of filled portobellos.
4. Place stuffed portobellos on baking sheet greased with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and sprinkle each with 1 tsp. breadcrumbs. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Calories 227
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 229 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g