Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The dressing for this Asian-style salad is made without soy sauce to keep the colors bright and the flavors light. For a spicy version, stir 1 tsp. sriracha or sambal oelek into the dressing.
1. To make Salad: Soak rice vermicelli according to package directions (cold water method, if possible). Drain, and set aside.
2. Thinly shred cabbage with food processor fitted with slicing blade, hand grater (slicing side), or mandoline. Transfer to large bowl, and stir in tofu, green onions, mint, tomatoes, and rice vermicelli.
3. To make Dressing: Combine sugar, garlic, salt, and ginger in saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Heat over medium heat until liquid boils and sugar and salt dissolve. Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in lime juice.
4. Stir Dressing into Salad. Garnish with peanuts just before serving.
- Calories 192
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 573 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g