You can also make these rolls with apricots, peaches, and plums as they come into season—they all pair well with fragrant fresh basil.
1. Whisk together almond butter, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, and 1 Tbs. warm water in bowl. Season with black pepper, if desired, and set aside.
2. Place pan of warm water on work space. Lay damp dish towel beside pan. Submerge 2 rice paper wrappers, one on top of other, in water. Press together, and let soften 1 minute.
3. Remove wrappers from water, and lay on towel; blot with second towel. Fold wrapper edge over 1 inch on right side.
4. Lay 3 basil leaves on bottom of wrapper, parallel to counter edge, leaving 2 inches from left edge and 1 inch from bottom uncovered. Top with 6 nectarine slices, 3 avocado slices, and 1/4 cup watercress, allowing tops of watercress to overlap folded right edge. Roll up bottom of wrapper, and tuck (unfolded) left edge over. Continue to roll until you have tight cylinder. Repeat with remaining wrappers, nectarine slices, avocado, and watercress. Cut each roll into 3 pieces. Drizzle with 1 Tbs. sauce.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 144 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g